Friday, July 20, 2012

Shooting at Colorado premiere of 'Dark Knight Rises": Possible Avatard at work?

 For most of us, going to see The Dark Knight Rises last night was a fun-filled experience. Oh yes, the film was depressing as hell, but it felt so good to see a decent wrap-up for the trilogy, especially one that avoided the dreaded "third movie' syndrome.

 Sadly, for a theatre in Colorado, a night's fun turned into tragedy. Some lunatic opened fire on a crowd, and 12 are already dead.

 Already, the liberals are trying to blame the film's content and the villain Bane as the inspiration for the shooting. This doesn't make sense; why would a fan shoot other fans? How would he be inspired to emulate the film if it only just premiered? (Maybe he saw an advance screening?) It's probably more likely that some nutjob, inspired all the OWS stuff from the past year, decided to emulate Bane (there was a massive scale trolling by OWS supporters on the TDKR boards because they thought Bane was supposed to represent them) as some idiotic form of protest against "capitalist" America, but I doubt it.

 What I'm scared about is, is this the first example of an Avatard going on a killing spree?

Avatards have been going off on Nolan and Batman fanboys since day one, and although I know several Avatar-haters who are Batman fans, I've yet to see a single one actually mention the film of their own accord when debating with Cameron fanboys on the various Avatar message boards. Nevertheless, Avatards have tried their best to keep up pretenses of there being a rivalry. I've seen them accusing people who hated Avatar of being Batman/Nolan/comic book fans with no proof, as if it was some generic insult:
Fun fact: clr03f has never mentioned comic books at all on his entire time on the Avatar boards.

 Is it possible some Avatard has finally snapped, and decided to kill some people as some sort of twisted "revenge" against Nolans fans, or to drive down the film's box office?

 I've already e-mailed several of my scan providers asking if they've seen any recent threats by Avatards against Nolan fans. I know there have been, I even remember some idiot on the IMDb forums joking about setting off a bomb at the premiere of the next Batman movie (this was back in 2010) but I don't know for sure how recently and how seriously (you never can tell with these whackjobs). Rest assured, if  me or my providers finds something incriminating , to the FBI it will go.

 So far, the killer's motives have not been released to the public, and likely the killer wasn't inspired by anything at all other than his own psychosis, but I'll be following this case. I really, really pray I'm wrong about this guy being an Avatard, because you just know there will be copycats if he is.

 Whatever the case, let's not lose sight of the victims. My heart goes out to each and every one of them and their friends and families. There are some sick, sick people in this world, and it's sad that they can't all just confine their dementia to message boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment